Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Gear List woop woop

So it's Wednesday May 22nd and we're at my parents house preparing for our departure.  I thought I'd share my gear list with you in case you want to come with us.  Ok so this is what your seeing top to bottom: 1 cool journal, glasses so I can see where I'm going, MP3 player, flip flops, water bottles, Nuuns, Wet Ones, Kindle, iPhone, hygiene stuff, my bike shoes, sunscreen, Chapstick, Swiss Army knife, plastic bags for when it rains because our panniers aren't waterproof, sleeping bag, pad and liner, towel, cook pot, cup, bowl, silverware, rain jacket, down jacket, tank top, long sleeve, sports bras, padded shorts, bike gloves, socks, bathing suit, extra shirts and shorts, 4 panniers, hat, extra bike tubes, locks and various chargers.... I'm sure I didn't get all of it, but you get the gist.  So all in all including my bike I'll probably be lugging around an extra 50ish lbs across the country.



Matt's gear is similar to mine except that he has the tent, cook stove, tool kit and I'm sure a few other really important things, but he says that as long as he has his Kona coffee (thanks Kris) and protein powder he's good to go ;)



Also on our bikes we have front and rear lights and a cycling computer so we can see how far we go and how fast etc.

Ok so 1 more quick trip to REI and we're set.

As I think we mentioned before, we leave tonight on Amtrak and get to our destination, Astoria, OR, tomorrow around 8pm.  We're meeting my Auntie Patty and her husband Phil there and they will be riding with us for the Oregon section of the route.  We are really excited to have company and even more excited that they know the lay of the land!  Ok now just need to pray for no rain.  As of now we will have rain for our attempted first day of riding, Friday.  Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. We enjoyed chatting with you at the Seaside turnaround. We wish you the best on your trip across the country: have fun!

    Not sure how to send you a photo: here's the link to it:

    Link to photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We're in Grand Ronde for the night, looking forward to better weather in the coming days. Take care, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you made it to Grand Ronde already. As I watched the wind and rain the last few days, I wondered how you were faring. What miserable weather you had for the start of your tour. It doesn't rain here all the time, really :) At any rate, I hope you find better weather soon.

    adrienne

    ReplyDelete